1. When dogs wag their tail it doesn’t always mean that he is in a good mood it could also mean the exact opposite – that he is about to attack somebody.
2. If you’d live in Iran, the law wouldn’t allow you to have a dog as a pet. Owning a hunting or guard dog may be just okay.
3. One can estimate his dog’s life expectancy by viewing the dog’s facial features – dogs with long, sharp faces intend to live longer than those who have a more flat face.
4. Dalmatian puppies are born completely white, the black spots start to appear when they are about three weeks old.
5. Not all dogs can bark.The Basenji – a small hunting dog is a dog who sings rather than barks.
6. Dogs do not only have an amazing sense of smell, they can hear well too. They can hear sounds from up to 4 times farther away than us, and hear some sounds we do not hear at all.
7. There are over 75 million dogs in The United States, and over 400 million dogs in the world. The United States is on the top of the list of countries with most pet dog population, followed by Brazil and China.
8. Greyhounds, the fastest dogs in the world, can run at a speed up to 45 mph.
10. According to research by animal psychologists, the average dog is as smart as the average two-year-old human child. Dogs can understand up to 250 words and gestures, count up to 5 and perform some basic mathematical calculations.
11. Dogs do not like to be hugged. Human’s take hugging as a sign of affection or love, dogs interpret hugging as a sign of dominance.